Developmental Evaluation for Social Justice & Equity
August 16-17 , 2018 | Minneapolis, MN | 2-Day Inaugural Workshop
We invite you to attend the inaugural convening of the Developmental Evaluation Institute. During this interactive 2-day workshop, participants will engage with each other and with the guiding principles, learning what it means to facilitate and practice developmental evaluation for social justice using principles as guides. Topics covered will include developmental evaluation basics, using guiding principles and rubrics in developmental evaluation, identifying world views, clarifying values, and using the arts in evaluation.
This event will be facilitated by Developmental Evaluation Institute co-founders Kate McKegg, Nora Murphy, Nan Wehipeihana, as well as Jane Davidson and A. Rafael Johnson. See facilitators' bios here.
This 2-day workshop aims to take a deep dive into the practice of developmental evaluation, exploring, unpacking and engaging participants in what it means to practice evaluation using principles as guides. Participants will be equipped with the confidence, mind-set and motivation, as well as with new skills and tools to engage in developmental evaluation practice in their own settings.
The total cost of the convening is $695 including lunch and light refreshments throughout the two-day workshop.
Who should attend?
The workshop for anyone working in the field of social change and social justice who engages with evaluation: evaluation practitioners, program staff, government officials, community members, and funders. For the learning to be really deep, meaningful, and practical, we encourage those attending to come with another person you work or practice with regularly so that you apply learning and reflect on it together when you return to your everyday work and life.
After the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand where developmental evaluation can be used
- Understand how to use principles as guides for innovation and evaluation
- Apply the developmental evaluation principles in their own contexts
- Critically unpack and examine their own values and principles in a way that enhances their evaluation practice and other’s experience of evaluation
- Apply and use several cutting edge developmental evaluation tools and methods.
How will the Workshop be organized?
The learning will be designed to be highly participatory, relational, and will include experiential opportunities to reinforce and challenge thinking and practice. There will be a strong emphasis on creativity as a mode for learning as well as an approach for evaluation. Learn more:
How to Register
Registration is easy. Simply:
2. Click the button below and fill out a form with your name, contact information, and payment method.
3. You will receive confirmation and pre-workshop materials!