The DEI: What We Offer
Online Training and Certification
Online courses will consist of eight 1-hour sessions over 16-weeks, and include all materials and resources. Each course will be limited to 12 participants. The cost is $400 per person. Full and partial scholarships available. Stay tuned for registration for all courses.
- Valuing and Evaluation, April - July 2019
- Combining evidence and values, Sept - Dec 2019
- Evidence and reasoning for evaluation, April - July 2020
- TBD, February - May 2020
- Developmental Evaluation Basics, April - July 2019
- Intro to DE tools, Sept - Dec 2019
- Reflecting on practice in the field - Exploring DE Cases, April - July 2020
- Reclaiming cultural sovereignty in the age of innovation, February - May 2020
DEI Ways of Working
- Creative evaluation, April - July 2019
- Spirituality, reconciliation, and healing, Sept - Dec 2019
- Critiquing the world through love and artistic expression, April - July 2020
- Facilitation without judgement, February - May 2020
- Principles-focused evaluation basics, April - July 2019
- Principles-focused evaluator basics, Sept - Dec 2019
- Principles-driven world views, April - July 2020
- TBD, February - May 2020
In-person Workshop Facilitation
All of the online coursework (above) can be offered as in-person workshops. One facilitator per 24 participants costs $3,000 per facilitator per day. More than 48 participants has an additional support cost of $1,000. Travel costs not included. Contact us to inquire about the possibility of hiring someone from our team for facilitation.
Community of Interest
Interested in learning more about Developmental Evaluation (DE)? Check out our online resource library for all kinds of good information, from the basics, to case studies, to specific thoughts on DE for social justice.
Also, be sure to follow our blog for new opportunities, musings, and other information. We are also active on Twitter. Find us at @DE_Institute and tweet a hello!
DEI Created Resources
We can't wait to release our inaugural DEI e-Anthology for social justice!
We host short 2-3 day conference around the world. Look for information about our next mini-conference in February 2019, New Zealand.
Capacity Development and Coaching
Do you want to do developmental evaluation but you don't know where to start? Are you leading a developmental evaluation that's a bit trickier than those that you've led in the past? We can support you through your process, sharing expert advice and insight based on years of practice.
Are you unsure whether developmental evaluation is the approach for you? Do you want to do developmental evaluation but you don't know how to find the right evaluator or how to engage that evaluator or evaluation team? Do you want to propose the idea to your Board of Directors and could use the help of external expertise? We can help you make sound, informed decisions about how and when to engage in developmental evaluation.
Do you want to evaluate your impact on a large systems-change initiative but you don't know where to start? Do you want to conduct values-based evaluation that focuses as much on *how* grantees do their work as on pre-determined outcomes? We can support you in becoming a more responsive and adaptive philanthropic organization.
Our expertise and coaching experience Includes: Developmental Evaluation, Principles-Focused Evaluation, Creative Evaluation, Principles-Driven Leadership, Culturally Responsive Evaluation, Arts-Based Evaluation.
Ten hours of virtual coaching starts at $2,500. Costs increase with travel and project complexity.